Daily Polygon

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Support My Buddies

Daily Polygon:
Brought To You By The Phrase Who Gives a Fuck



Today's entry will deal with some of my gaming journalist friends who you should all be fans of. I'll save you the time of reading through the dozens that I know, so I'll limit it to the Top 5. Sorry if you're not on the list, you're probably #6. I swear it.

  • Josh Wagner: If you don't know who Joshie-boy is, he's the Editor in Chief at N-Insanity, and took over my duties after I left this past January. Muh boy's fiercely talented and will definitely blow your mind when it comes to writing ability. He often goes to by the gamer alias of Frayed, which is what I called him for the most part until we started getting actual by-lines. Anywho, check out his shit. It's uber-awesome.
  • David Dolnick: If you like GameSpot, you'll like David. His reviews and their reviews read very similarly, both in length and in talent. In other words, if you like your reviews in-depth, you can't go wrong with the Staff Administrator and PS2 Senior Editor at GameXC. Seriously, read his reviews and tell me he's not talented. I dare you.
  • Damon Baker: When I was still new to the reviewing game, I read a lot of the veteran poster reviews at Game Informer. Damon went under the alias of Joachim, and I read his stuff like it was made of gold. When I was crafting my style, he was a major influence. When he really gets going, he's almost untouchable. Currently he works with Josh at N-Insanity.
  • Brian Muller: I've never had the pleasure to really work with Brian, but he's a great guy and a spectacular up-and-coming writer. He just loves writing reviews and the passion really shows in his work. What I probably like most about him is that he's constantly trying to learn and gain new resources. He works with David and GameXC as a Senior Editor and my favorite writer at GameXC's Cube section.
  • The Entire PGC Staff: They're all great and, hopefully, I'll be able to be as talented as they are one day. The reason I'm grouping them all together is that there are really too many to name without adding more spaces to the list.
  • Honorable Mentions: Jeremy Wood, Zachary Miller, Alex Jankowski, and John "Egore."
That's all for now. When there's something strange in your neighborhood, fucking move because that shit isn't going anywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home